Year 7 Sports Scholarship
SIGN UP FOR TRIALS NOW --> click: Scholarship Trials form
Does your child have a real desire and passion for sport?
Who is it for?
The Chessington School Sports Scholarship programme is aimed at current Year 6 students who excel in one or more sports and have ambitions to study sport or go into sporting careers. Applicants should demonstrate:
- A wholehearted commitment to the Sports Scholarship programme
- Availability for selection for all sports at all levels
- An outstanding attitude, ambition and internal work ethic towards sport
- High standards of conduct during games, fair play, kit, organisation and communication
- The ability to display leadership qualities within a sporting environment
Scholarship programme offer:
- The opportunity to attend after-school sports clubs starting from Easter (whilst still in Year 6)
- Daily morning sports sessions from specialist coaches (from year 7 onwards)
- An additional lesson of PE per week (year 7)
- A variety of extra curricular club opportunities
- A personalised fitness programme for individual development
- Theory classes focused on understanding sport and athleticism
- Opportunities for sport-specific trips to professional fixtures/sports tours
- Sports scholarship badge to be worn on school blazer
- Links with external sports clubs related to a variety of sporting pursuits
What to do now:
If you believe your child should be considered for the programme please contact the Head of PE, Mrs Rowden via email: email@example.com. Trials will be available in January 2023. Click the form at the top of this page to apply. Sports scholars are chosen once you have selected Chessington School as your first choice school and been offered/accepted a place in March 2023.
Sports scholar kit:
Students who are part of the Sports Scholarship programme will have the opportunity to purchase a personalised sports scholar kit from Halbro.