Does your child have a real desire and passion for sport?
Who is it for?
The Chessington School Sports Scholarship programme is aimed at current Year 6 students who excel in one or more sports and have ambitions to study sport or go into sporting careers. Applicants should demonstrate:
- A wholehearted commitment to the Sports Scholarship programme
- Availability for selection for all sports at all levels
- An outstanding attitude, ambition and internal work ethic towards sport
- High standards of conduct during games, fair play, kit, organisation and communication
- The ability to display leadership qualities within a sporting environment
Scholarship programme offer:
- The opportunity to attend after-school sports clubs starting from Easter (whilst still in Year 6)
- Daily morning sports sessions from specialist coaches (from year 7 onwards)
- An additional lesson of PE per week (year 7)
- A variety of extra curricular club opportunities
- A personalised fitness programme for individual development
- Theory classes focused on understanding sport and athleticism
- Opportunities for sport-specific trips to professional fixtures/sports tours
- Sports scholarship badge to be worn on school blazer
- Links with external sports clubs related to a variety of sporting pursuits
What to do now:
If you believe your child should be considered for the programme please contact the Head of PE, Mrs Rowden via email: email@example.com. Trials will be available in January 2023. Sports scholars are chosen once you have selected Chessington School as your first choice school and been offered/accepted a place.
Sports scholar kit:
Students who are part of the Sports Scholarship programme will have the opportunity to purchase a personalised sports scholar kit from Halbro.