Career Leader: Mr Sam Davey / firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8974 1156.
At Chessington School, we are committed to providing all our students in Years 7 to 13 with a comprehensive programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance and work-related learning. We work closely with parents and carers to support their children to make informed career choices. Parents and carers are encouraged to attend the careers' event evenings. Our Year 11 and Year 13 Destinations are attached to the bottom of this page.
We are committed to independent and impartial guidance. To address this, the school employs a Careers Adviser. This role is currently shared with The Hollyfield School and Grey Court School as part of a joint agreement between the Every Child, Every Day Multi Academy Trust to deliver impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
All students take part in a programme that:
- Aims to inspire as well as inform and guide students
- Is centred around the student and their needs
- Is integrated into the students’ experience of the whole curriculum
- Encourages all students to consider their career throughout Key Stage 3 and 4
- Encourages all students to develop decision-making skills
- Provides each student with high quality, impartial advice
- Raises aspirations and promotes equality and diversity
- Work Experience is always important, especially now in our current economic climate. Therefore, gaining more work related experience is likely to give you an advantage in the labour market by the time you leave full-time education. It is a placement with an employer for a period of one week, where you will learn about a particular job. While you are working there you will be able to find out about the types of skills employers look for when they are contracting someone for a vacant job. This opportunity also gives you the chance to develop communication skills and self-confidence.
We welcome support from alumni, parents, local community members, employers, training providers and Further and Higher Education Institutes. For further information about how to get involved, please contact email@example.com
Careers Research Useful websites
Click any of the links below to visit their website: