The Chessington School Career Leader is Mrs Anna Griffiths contacted via e-mail: email@example.com or by phone on 020 8974 1156.
At Chessington School we are committed to providing all our students in Years 7 to 13 with a comprehensive programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance and work-related learning. We work closely with parents and carers to support their children to make informed career choices. Parents and carers are encouraged to attend the careers' event evenings.
All students take part in a programme that:
- Aims to inspire as well as inform and guide students
- Is centred around the student and their needs
- Is integrated into the students’ experience of the whole curriculum
- Encourages all students to consider their career throughout Key Stage 3 and 4
- Encourages all students to develop decision-making skills
- Provides each student with high quality, impartial advice
- Raises aspirations and promotes equality and diversity
- Work Experience is always important, especially now in our current economic climate. Therefore, gaining more work related experience is likely to give you an advantage in the labour market by the time you leave full-time education.
It is a placement with an employer for a period of one week, where you will learn about a particular job. While you are working there you will be able to find out about the types of skills employers look for when they are contracting someone for a vacant job. This opportunity also gives you the chance to develop communication skills and self-confidence.
Click any of the links below to visit their website:
National Careers Service
Success at School
Life Skills – created with Barclays