Sixth Form Sports Coaching Academy
Sports Coaching Academy
Our Sports Coaching Academy is a unique opportunity for students who wish to develop their coaching and leadership skills alongside studying the Level 3 qualification in BTEC Sport. This is a bespoke programme that enhances skills through practical experience with students gaining confidence in delivering sessions independently.
The programme consists of:
- Practical training in coaching techniques
- Classroom theory in coaching techniques
- Hands-on experience assisting and leading in a range of sports both in PE lessons and at through our extensive extra-curricular programme
- Opportunities to gain coaching professional sports coaching qualifications
- Opportunities to gain experience as an official
All sessions are delivered by specialist coaches or teachers from our experienced team of PE teachers. Students will be observed and given regular feedback to help them make improvements throughout the programme.
This opportunity may be appropriate for students who may not want to focus on one particular sport. Prospective students should be passionate about sports and working with young people. After successful completion of coaching qualifications, this may lead to part-time job opportunities with our local sports community links.
Students on the programme will have the opportunity to gain experience in some of the following sports
Should you have any further questions about our Sports Coaching Academy, please contact Mrs Rowden - email@example.com